Scooters are among the most adorable toys for most children. Having a scooter or electric scooter gets any child to the coolest social class. Just imagine how grateful your child would be if you buy it for him or her. Choosing a scooter for a kid is usually quite challenging especially for first time buyers. This is mainly due to the fact that there are so many brands in the market with a worthy reputation. This article will guide you on the features to consider when choosing a scooter for your children and also list the 5 best electric scooters for kids of all time.
FEATURES TO CONSIDER WHEN BUYING AN ELECTRIC SCOOTER FOR KIDS
1. Age specification.
Each scooter is usually designed with the age of the rider in mind. They usually have a speed, weight, height and size personalized to the age of the user. Younger riders will need smaller, lighter and slower scooters as compared to older riders. The complexity of use will also increase with an increase in age. The age specification is usually indicated as the minimum age limit.
2. The type of the scooter.
There are 3 main types of scooters which include standard electric, petrol and push scooters. Standard electric scooters run on rechargeable battery which propels a motor and they are the most common. Petrol scooters are propelled by an electric motor but they are fueled using petrol. These are most suited for older riders. Push scooters on the other hand rely on the muscle power of the rider. It is the most affordable of all and is most ideal for inexperienced and users.
3. The material of the scooter.
The material making up most of this vehicle’s chassis is also a key factor to consider when buying a scooter for a kid. Most of them are made of Aluminum, Carbon and some have plastic parts. Scooters with plastic parts are usually more affordable as compared to those made of Aluminum while the high end scooters may be made of Carbon.
4. The maximum weight limit.
This depends on the main material used to construct this vehicle’s chassis and its size. Smaller ones and those made of weaker materials usually have a lower maximum weight limit. Scooters meant for younger riders also have a lower maximum weight limit as compared to those meant to be used by older riders. An example is a scooter that has a maximum weight limit of 220 Pounds can only be used by riders who weigh a maximum of 220 Pounds.
5. Complexity of use.
Depending on the child’s riding skills, a parent may consider buying a scooter with less complicated features or more complicated features. Most scooters have their controls on the handle bars but some have controls that are adjusted using the feet. The simplest type of scooter that works great for starters is the push scooter as it has the fewest number of controls. The type of brakes and throttle start is also very important to look at. They should be easy to use and they should be located at an easily accessible position.
The dimensions of a scooter are also very important as they determine the body size of the user. Full decked scooters are great for older users and they provide enough space for extra stuff such as small luggage. Its height should also be comfortable for the user and should be chosen according to the user’s height.
Just like any other device, the kind of scooter you buy is dependent on your budget. Contrary to popular norm, you do not have to pay a fortune for a high quality scooter. Better market research and a look a positive user reviews will help you get the perfect value for money. Most great scooters lie between the $200 and $400 range and with good research, this is where you will find one loveable scooter for your kid.
8. The maximum speed.
The maximum speed of a scooter should be chosen depending on the age and experience of the user. For a child above 10 years, a speed of approximately 150 mph is safe and great. This is fast enough to add thrill to the whole experience yet slow enough to prevent them from having accidents during play. In fact, it is even better to find one that has a high torque motor with adjustable speed that vary according to the nature of terrain.
9. The battery life.
Having a scooter whose battery cannot last 10 minutes is a waste and is almost the same as having a push scooter. A good battery lasts at least 45 minutes after continuous use. The charge time should also be quite short for the sake of convenience. It should also be durable to help reduce on replacement cost.
The 5 scooter brands in this comparison table are considered to be the best in the market for any kid. This is as a result of the numerous positive reviews they have received from buyers and users all over the world.
REVIEWS OF THE 2 BEST ELECTRIC SCOOTERS FOR KIDS
A. RAZOR E200 ELECTRIC SCOOTER
The Razor E200 offers any child the coolest ride around the neighborhood. Its beautiful design in teal or lime color completely corresponds to the features it hosts. Its ease of use and the safety measures put in place ensure comfort, stability and reliability. Listed below are some of its incredible features that make it a top-notch toy for children of any caliber.
1. Dimensions: 37 by 16 by 42 Inches. This scooter features a full-sized deck that is sizable enough for comfortably riding.
2. Weight: 40 Pounds. This is light enough to ensure perfect maneuverability and portability.
3. Minimum age limit: 13 Years. This means that any rider from the age of 13 years and above can ride it.
4. Maximum weight limit: 154 Pounds. This scooter has a high weight limit that allows some adults to use it comfortably.
5. Runs on two 12 V batteries. These batteries have a charge time of 12 hours and a runtime of 40 minutes when used continuously.
6. Features two 8-Inch wheels. These wheels are large enough to ensure stability and smoother riding over any terrain.
7. Runs on a high-torque motor. The E200’s motor is chain-driven for energy-efficiency and it also offers varied speeds depending on the nature of terrain. Ridding through rough terrain greatly reduces its speed.
8. Has a hand-operated brake. This brake is located on the left handlebar thus easier to use when the need to stop arises.
Going for around $200, the Razor E200 Electric Scooter would make a wonderful gift to any lover of the outdoors.
B. RAZOR E300S SEATED ELECTRIC SCOOTER.
It is a few scooters that will give the user the convenience of sitting while riding. The Razor E300S has found a way to solve this by including a detachable seat within its intricate design. This scooter is more of an improvement of the E300. It is an adorable gadget and its blue, grey or pink color schemes will definitely provide a choice for any gender. Below are some of the notable features that have earned it the vast love it has earned from all avid riders.
1. Dimensions: 41 by 17 by 42 Inches. This scooter is built with a super-sized frame that can accommodate riders of almost all sizes.
2. Weight: 51 Pounds. This weight is just perfect for anyone of 12 years and older to use this electric scooter, lift and maneuver comfortably.
3. Minimum age limit: 12 Years. This scooter’s features are designed optimally for anyone above 12 years. Its size, weight, ease of use and its design, just to name a few, are ideal for use by anyone older than 11.
4. Maximum weight limit: 220 Pounds. This is the perfect weight limit for people above 12 years. In fact, it can be used comfortably by older teenagers and younger adults.
5. Maximum speed limit: 15 mph. This is fast enough to ensure time is saved especially when the scooter is used to move from one place to another. Though, this speed is not too fast so as to cause accidents.
6. Features a detachable seat. This ensures comfort and ease of commuting and cruising. This makes a perfect pick for kids who cannot stand for so long.
7. Operated by two 12 V sealed lead acid batteries. These have a charge time of 12 hours and can run continuously for up to 45 minutes.
8. Comes with 10-Inch pneumatic tires. These wheels are wide enough to ensure perfect stability and balance during riding.
9. Comes with a twist-grip control for acceleration and a hand-operated rear brake located on its left handlebar.
The Razor E300S Seated Electric Scooter is priced a approximately $250 and with this amount of money, you stand to enjoy the great features offered by this incredible toy. This scooter will surely excite even that dull kid who spends all their time indoors and get them to appreciate the outdoors.
Scooters have gained so much popularity over the recent years and have become one of the most incredible outdoor appliances. They not only encourage outdoor activity, especially for the kids, but they inculcate exercise and workout into their lifestyles, which is healthier than the sedentary lifestyles that have taken over the 21st century.